- In a statement to the Shanghai Stock Exchange, China Pacific Insura
nce (601601.SS/2601.HK) has said that it has received approval from the China Banking Regulatory Commission (CBRC) for the appointment of Qing He as President of the company.
- He was appointed as President by the company’s board in August.
Why It Matters:
- He joined China Pacific Insurance in 2015 as Deputy Party Secretary and Deputy General Manager. Prior to that, He was the Vice President of the Bank of Shanghai (601229.SS) and previously He had more than 20 years experience in the banking industry.
- In July 2017, China Pacific Insurance appointed He as General Manager of the company, and later in August, the company appointed He as President.
- The previous President, Lianhong Huo, had been working for China Pacific Insurance for more than 10 years and he has recently retired.