- China Yangtze Power (600900.SS) recently reported to the Shanghai Stock Exchange that the company produced 75.36 billion kW.h of electricity in the third quarter of 2017, up 3.66% compared with the same period of 2016.
- Three Gorges, one of China Yangtze Power’s major hydroelectricity power stations, produced 32.78 billion kW.h of electricity in the third quarter, up 5.51% compared with the third quarter of 2016. Gezhouba, another major hydroelectricity station, produced 6.106 billion kW.h of electricity in the third quarter, up 11.31%.
- Two newly acquired hydroelectricity power station
s, namely, Xiluodu and Xiangjiaba, respectively produced 24 billion kW.h of electricity, up 0.71% YoY, and 12.48 billion kW.h of electricity, up 1.29%.
Why It Matters:
- China Yangtze Power is the largest generator of hydroelectric power in China. In 2015, China Yangtze Power acquired 100% of Sanxia Jinshajiang Chuan Yun Hydropower Development for RMB 79.7 billion. Sanxia Jinshajiang Chuan Yun H
ydropower Development operates two large hydroelectricity stations along the Yangtze River, namely, Xiluodu and Xiangjiaba.
- The increase in electricity generated in the third quarter was primarily due to an increase in the water volume of the Yangtze river. At the end of September, the volume of water in the Three Gorge reservoirs totaled 167.2 billion cubic meters, up 4.53% year-over-year; and the volume of water in the Xiluodu reservoirs totaled 65.5 billion cubic meters, up 3.98% YoY.