- Great Wall Motor (601633.SS/2333.HK) has reported to the Shanghai Stock Exchange that it sold 73,171 cars in April, down 8.08% compared with the 79,607 cars sold in April 2016.
- Specifically, the company sold 9,824 pick-up trucks, 62,120 sport utility vehicles (SUVs), and 1,227 passenger cars.
- The company manufactured 81,896 cars in April, up 1.36% compared with the 80,799 cars manufactured in April 2016.
Why It Matters:
- The number of cars sold in April declined 14.35% compared with the 85,430 cars sold in March 2017.
- The number of cars sold in the first four months of this year totaled 327,330, an increase of 4.57% compared with the 313,033 cars sold in the first four months of 2016.
- Among the 73,171 cars sold in April 2017, 4,116 were exported to overseas markets. Exports in April rose 119.4% compared with the 1,876 cars exported in April 2016.