- Great Wall Motor (601633.SS/2333.HK) has announced to the Shanghai Stock Exchange that it sold 73,663 vehicles in August 2017, up 0.8% compared with August 2016.
- Specifically, the company sold 7,826 pick-up trucks, 65,249 sport utility vehicles (SUVs), and 588 passenger cars in August 2017.
- The company manufactured 71,646 vehicles in August 2017, down 1.66% compared with August 2016.
Why It Matters:
- The number of vehicles sold in August increased 6.66% compared with the 69,063 vehicles sold in July 2017.
- The number of vehicles sold in the first eight months of this year totaled 603,469, an increase of 1.88% compared with the first eight months of 2016.
- Of the 73,663 vehicles sold in August 2017, 3,614 were exported. Exports in August 2017 rose 136.67% compared with the 1,527 vehicles exported in August 2016.